Pages

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas Parties

I feel like I'm so behind on blogging (and life in general)! 
Here's what I've been up to the last few weeks...

A few weekends ago, I went to an ugly sweater party. Let me tell you, finding an ugly sweater at 8 months pregnant was not the easiest thing, but luckily, Walmart came through last minute. 


I look like a freaking house
{Please note Mallery, 2 weeks before her due date here, did not wear an ugly sweater. I should have done the same! But I didn't know that was an option...} 

The very next night, we had Travis' work Christmas party. It was once again held at the Urban Garden at the Ritz uptown. {You can read about last year's party here.} 

This year was not quite as fun because A. it was on a Sunday night, B. I could not drink, C. Nick Cannon was not the DJ (and instead they had this extremely loud band playing....I couldn't even hear anyone I was talking to! OMG I sound like an old lady) and D. some of Trav's work friends have moved away/don't work for the company anymore, so we didn't have a whole lot of people to hang out with! It was still fun though, and fancy as always! 


{No one is close to the stage because the band was SO freaking loud! You could probably hear them in South Carolina...}




My dress is the one I was thinking about wearing to the black-tie gala we went to in October, but decided to hold off and wear it to this Christmas party instead. It was $35 on Amazon! 

And of course, we had a Christmas party at school....or, excuse me, a winter celebration. I put together those little "for your mistletoes" packages that have been floating around Pinterest for the teachers on my team...

{inside is a little Aveda Foot Relief and some nail polish!}

And then got my kids bags of stuff that they are always asking me for (post-it's for stopping and jotting while reading, Kleenex, eraser tops, stickers and then a whole bunch of candy). They loved it. 


I'll be back super soon to share some Christmas decorations around our house and Christmas with our families! Better late than never, right?!

4 comments: