Pages

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

San Diego | Part III

Back to our trip recaps....

{If you missed it: Part I and Part II}

Our third full day in San Diego (gosh, am I only up to the 3rd day?! I promise I will pick up the pace here!) was Easter Sunday! 


Travis had to fly back to Charlotte for work, unfortunately, so we dropped him off at the airport and then headed to church with my brother.


While we were in church, I saved our spot in line at a restaurant called The Cottage...they don't take reservations but you can put your name in using the No Wait app. I am so glad we did because the wait was over 90 minutes long. So as soon as we got out of church, we walked to the restaurant and only had to wait about 10 minutes!


The food was delicious and Ella especially liked the bacon!


After Ella's nap, we headed to Torrey Pines, which is a short drive from my brother's house. I was not excited about hiking, but my brother told me the pics would be worth it...he was right!!



Torrey Pines is not stroller friendly whatsoever, so my brother carried Ella like this the entire hike!


And here is Ella sitting on a real Torrey Pine! 







The next day we headed to Coronado! Add this to the list of places where I want to retire. SO gorgeous!!

{Those rocks spell out CORONADO...you can see it from a plane!}

{These villas are part of the Hotel del Coronado...only $1500+ a night; you know I was curious and looked it up!}

Hotel del Coronado was gorgeous...kind of reminded me of a California/tropical version of the Biltmore. 





We went inside to go to the bathroom...fancy!

And then someone has a meltdown when I tried to take her picture...


After leaving the hotel, we met up with Molly! Molly was one of my first friends in Charlotte who taught with me for 4 years, and we also went to grad school/wrote our thesis together! She moved out to San Diego a few years ago so I was happy we could meet up with her!



After Ella's nap, we went to Old Town. We had been here a few nights before, but it was dark so I couldn't take good pictures! Priorities...





I got Ella the cutest dress from one of these little shops!



We ended with dinner at La PiƱata again...so good!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment