Pages

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Los Angeles Part I {Santa Monica | Beverly Hills}

So I thought this would be the last recap....but it got too long. Sorry I am so long-winded and take too many pictures. 

But this is a good one (and long), so get comfy!

So, after a few days in San Diego {part I | part II | part III | part IV}, we left at 6 AM to deal with the God-awful LA traffic. It took us 4 hours to get from SD to Santa Monica...LA traffic is no joke! Never will I ever complain about traffic in Charlotte again! ;)

Ella managed to take a nice long nap though!


We finally got to Santa Monica around 10 AM. I recognized this area from the tabloids (all of the celebs go for jogs along here)!



We walked out on the pier, and saw the whole carnival situation they had going on there. 



Then we walked back the other way to the beginning of the pier.


Fun fact: did you know Rt. 66 ends here? 

When we first got to the pier, it looked like the carousel was closed...but when we walked back past it on our way to the car, it was open! I was SOOO excited!!!


All aboard for Ella's first carousel ride!

Holding on for dear life...


...but she ended up loving it!


After we left Santa Monica, we headed toward the Hollywood sign. I was trying to kill 2 birds with one stone, and made my parents take Mulholland Drive instead of the freeway, so we could drive past some Real Housewives' houses!


We found Kyle's!!! Gorgeous...even with the trash cans out front. 
Unfortunately, hers was the only house we were able to find (we missed the turn to Lisa's and the others weren't off of Mulholland or tagged on Instagram...). 

We continued along Mulholland toward the Hollywood sign for about another HOUR. Please google and look up Mulholland Drive on a map...the most twisty, turny, nauseating road in the history of EVER. For someone who is insanely carsick like me, sitting in the back seat for all of this, I pretty much wanted to die. It was like a flashback to the pregnancy morning sickness that I was not wanting to revisit. 
At least the views were pretty!


We stopped near Runyon Canyon (where celebs/Real Housewives go on hikes!) and took a pretty pic of the scenic overlook. 


Then, some 45 minutes of nauseating roads later, we made it to the Hollywood sign!


Spoiler alert: Ella was not impressed.


After that, I was ready to get out of the car for the rest of my life...but we were high up in the Hollywood Hills, so no such luck.
Another 30+ minutes, and tons of traffic later, we arrived in Beverly Hills.


After a gourmet lunch at Chipotle (hey, I was nauseous and we had a toddler!), we walked around Beverly Hills...we had accidentally forgotten the stroller in San Diego, so Ella was taking turns atop my parents' shoulders. 
These people (from China!!!) thought Ella was so adorable, they stopped us to take her pic on my mom's shoulders. We were dying laughing!


Beverly Hills...ooooh lala!


Then we walked around Rodeo Drive...which was pretty much what I expected: a palm-tree lined street with super expensive stores!


Then we got to the "historic" (or probably just super touristy) part of Rodeo Drive!



Anyone remember that scene in Clueless when she walks down those steps?! That movie was constantly going through my head during our time in Beverly Hills!


Oh! And Pretty Woman! Here is the Beverly Wilshire, where it was filmed!


We also stopped in Saks, where Ella was very interested in a pair of Louboutins! (Girl has exquisite taste!)


Then we passed Kyle Richard's store!


When we walked by, I noticed she was INSIDE!!!!! After I totally freaked out, we went in and asked her for a picture!!!


She was SOOOO nice!!!!! She was in love with Ella's eyelashes! And very sweet to take a pic with some annoying touristy girl who was busting in to her place of business ;) 

(If you're new here...I have an obsession with meeting Real Housewives. I've met Adrienne from RHOBH, Teresa and Kathy from RHONJ and Bethenny from RHONY. Oh and now Kyle!)

Kyle's store just happens to be a block away from Villa Blanca (Lisa's restaurant), so of course we walked by there, too!


Sadly, she was not there :( Or at least, from what I could see.

We ended our afternoon by candy shopping at Sugarfina!


And yes, that's where the housewives went on their scavenger hunt this season.
Ok, I have a problem.

Now that you think I'm completely psycho crazily obsessed with the housewives, come back for my recap of Orange County!!! 
It's the last trip recap!!! Woohoo!!

2 comments: