Pages

Friday, January 31, 2014

Bumpdate {40 weeks}

Well, it's Baby Ferg's due date, and while I just knew she'd be tardy for the party, she might be on her way very, very soon!!! Here's to hoping this is my last bumpdate!


Size of baby: a jack fruit?! Whatever the hell that is...If I’m still pregnant Monday, I get another ultrasound, so I’ll know a more exact size then.
Weight gain: I gained ZERO weight this past week! Wahoo! So still 41 pounds gained total.
Maternity clothes: Duh.
Gender: A GIRL!
Movement: She has really slowed down a lot this week! I’m already missing some of her little jabs and kicks! She’s just kinda rolling, but not as much as she used to.

Cravings: My appetite has lessened a little bit this week. But I did discover Raspberry Oreo Fudge Cremes, and ate the whole package in 2 days. They were the bomb.com
Symptoms: Still SUUUUUUPPPPER uncomfortable, and having to pee like every 5 seconds. Also the swelling is beginning to get a little out of hand...I can still fit my wedding band and engagement ring on my fat little finger, but my anniversary band? Not happening. We won't even mention the cankles... 
Workouts: Nada. I think I will start walking baby out really, really soon though!
Labor signs: TMI for some people…When I got checked yesterday, my doctor’s whole face lit up and she said “Oh my gosh, her head is RIGHT THERE!” I couldn’t believe baby has dropped and is now at station -1!  I’m still only dilated to 1cm, but my doctor said she thinks I won’t make it another week! I’m having lots of contractions (had one at the doctor’s office, and asked my doctor if it was a Braxton Hicks...she felt my stomach and said “Nope! That’s a real one!”). They are slowly starting to get a little bit stronger and longer, but they are not falling into any sort of pattern. We shall see if I make it through the weekend…!!!
Sleep: Terrible! And I was so anxious after my exciting doctor’s appointment yesterday, that I barely slept at all last night.
What I miss: I. Cannot. Wait. To. Drink. Alcohol.
Best moment this week: I have a few….first, my husband surprised me with an early push present this week….he paid off my car (18 months early)!!!! And since we don’t share a bank account, this was a HUGE weight off my shoulders!!! Kathryn also came over on Wednesday and helped me finish the nursery! I hope to share pictures super soon—it looks great! And last, those 2 snow days we had Wednesday and Thursday helped me get ALL of my sub plans done! Such a huge relief to have that finished!!!
Looking forward to: HAVING A BABY!!!! I’m not going to lie, though, I’m kinda freaking out/really scared!!! What if I don’t bond with her? What if my delivery goes terribly wrong? What if I miss being pregnant?! Already moms…is this normal??!!


Fingers crossed that my next post is a birth announcement!!!!

3 comments: