Pages

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Baby Ferg's Gender Reveal {2 months late}


Yes, I realize this took place almost 2 months ago. And many of you have probably seen all of these pics on my Facebook or on my photographers' website.

But for my own documenting purposes, I wanted to make sure I did a little write up here as well! So you're getting one. Sorry, I'm not sorry.

First things first, when I realized our gender reveal would be during football season, I decided that we had to have a football-themed party, since you know Travis is slightly obsessed with football. I enticed all of his friends to come by basically telling them they were coming over to watch football and drink beer. Ha!

I found these invitations on Tiny Prints, which fit perfectly with our "Team Pink vs. Team Blue" theme!


Caitlin, Travis' sister, and her roommate made the cake! Her roommate is a baker at the Ritz, and Caitlin is a chef, so they are professionals!! I basically sent them a few pics of what I had in mind and they exceeded my expectations! They were the only ones who knew Baby Ferg's gender before the party, and they did such a good job keeping the secret from all of us! I wouldn't have been able to do it!


I also made cupcakes...because hello...this is me we're talking about. I ordered the cupcake toppers, and food and water bottle labels from this seller on Etsy.



All of the food! We had burgers, hot dogs, chips and about 12 different salsas and dips!



Oh, and of course, we had to have those Hershey bars that have been circulating Pinterest!


Kathryn also made her yummy sangria, which unfortunately I could not drink. Something about you can't drink alcohol while you're prego? Ughhh.


Straws ordered off Etsy (between Etsy and Pinterest, how did people use to plan parties back in the day!?)

For decorations, I made the tissue paper balls that are shown above (trying to hide our hideous breakfast room light fixture), and then also made this tissue paper garland. That thing took forever to make!


I also used my handy dandy chalkboard to document my Old Wives' Tales...proof that those can't be trusted! Almost all of them said boy!


On either side of the chalkboard were two big posterboards for people to vote for their "team." I punched the cheerleaders and little boys running out at school using our die-cut machine (unfortunately, our school did not have a football player die-cut, so I had to make do with what we had). 



These were taken at the very beginning of the party, so I promise more people voted! Team Blue won for sure...everyone thought I was having a boy! 


I also made this banner using the die-cut machine at school, and put up some of Baby Ferg's ultrasound pics, at weeks 8, 12 and 20. My mom said she needed to look at "evidence" before casting her vote! And she still thought blue.  


In the family room, I hung the football and cheerleader outfits we had bought the previous weekend in Chapel Hill! We ended up returning the football player outfit and getting a UNC hairbow the next weekend. :)



Here's the big reveal!! We did it around 3:15 (our party started at 2)...I couldn't wait any longer!


I could NOT believe that cake was PINK inside!!!


Caitlin was sweet enough to frame the ultrasound picture we had delivered to her (in a sealed envelope so I didn't know)! I could NOT believe it was a girl (have I said that enough times yet?!), so I'm glad she brought photographic proof!



I should have really thought about buying new Sperry's for Trav and I prior to this party...oh well. 



Let me just say...having a profesh photog was clutch. It was great to not worry about taking pictures! And the video they took still makes me cry....you can watch it here!

So there you have it! All of the details for our little cheerleader's gender reveal! It was such a fun day, and I would definitely recommend having a gender reveal to any and every pregnant person!

6 comments:

  1. So creative!! I love the tissue paper balls and garland you made! And of course the UNC cheerleader / football outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did such a great job! You should open a party planning business with Kathryn :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I found your blog from five on Friday. That is SO neat to do a football themed gender reveal. You thought of everything! So cute! Based on your baby shower post, you may like to see this owl gender reveal cake my sister in law made at http://stellarsweetsraleigh.blogspot.com/2013/07/gender-reveal-cakes.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the topic. Actually planning for a baby plays a very crucial role to make a balanced perfect family. This is better than unplanned family members and chaos. Isn't it?

    ReplyDelete