Pages

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Our First Anniversary!

We celebrated our first year of marriage this past weekend! 

{I still can't believe this was a year ago! Time flies.}

Our real anniversary was Sunday, but we started early by going out to dinner on Friday night at the place where we had our wedding reception, Bentley's on 27

Of course I wore my pink wedding shoes....

Bentley's sat us at an amazing table where our backs were turned to the rest of the restaurant, and we got to look out on the most incredible view for our meal!


For our appetizer, we had some ahi tuna, calamari and bacon-wrapped mini fillets...

The calamari was sooooo good!
Remember, I don't like bacon, so Trav ended up eating the steaks for dinner the next night!

We both got different meals than we had at our wedding...I got jumbo shrimp with crab meat on top, YUM!


The wait staff surprised us by bringing out creme brulee for dessert!


It was a wonderful evening! 


On our actual anniversary, Sunday, I wore this all day, because, when else am I going to wear it again?! Ha!


I also made this {with our first dance lyrics} that's been circulating Pinterest! I will provide a tutorial soon...it was super easy though! I figured it counted as a "paper" gift (paper is the traditional first anniversary gift) for both of us and we will hang it up in our bedroom soon!

{Sorry, I tried 4 times to get the picture to turn...don't know why it's not cooperating!}

And of course, we had to eat our 1 year top tier of wedding cake...yum? We used the same forks (that have our wedding date imprinted on them) that we ate our cake with at our wedding!


It actually wasn't too bad...a little freezer burnt and dry, but overall, not the worst thing I've ever tasted. Not sure if we will eat the rest of it at any point though, haha. 

We also had some bubbles in our toasting glasses, that again, we used last year!


I'm guessing I should probably change the picture on that "Happy Everything" platter! It's so cute though...

Cheers to our first year of marriage and many more to come!!! :)

4 comments:

  1. I've eaten at that table at Bentley's! And, we got married in Uptown Charlotte too, but 3 1/2 years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was Bentely's worth it? I have heard GREAT things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you guys did everything you did on your special day! What a fun celebration. Cheers to yall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Love the song lyrics....definitely a perfect paper gift! Happy anniversary :)

    ReplyDelete